Last Updated 11/13/2020 at 8:58 am
November 13, 2020
Dear Olympia Families –
As Covid continues to affect our community, we hope your families are safe and healthy.
At Olympia, we strive to continue to provide the quality we are known for while following all St. Louis County public health orders and keeping our gym environment as safe as we possibly can. As you may know, beginning Tuesday, November 17th, there will be new guidelines to follow both at home and in our gyms.
Occupancy is set at 25% of fire code and we currently comply with this directive.
All St. Louis County businesses are required to ensure their customers age 5 (in Kindergarten) and over are masked while in our facilities. An earlier order allowed for masks to be removed by our students while they participate in class. Moving forward, students will be required to wear their mask when not performing a skill. Our instructors will always remain masked but will ask your child to remove their mask while he or she is on a piece of equipment. If you would like your child to remain masked at all times, please call the front desk. Safety – both pandemic safety and sport safety are important to us.
All of our other Covid protocols will remain in place – including, but not limited to:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing
- Olympia staff masked at all times
- 6’ social distancing at all times
- Temperature checks & health screenings
You can do your part to ensure your child’s class stays healthy. Please remember the following:
- If your child is ill, please do not send them to class. We will be happy to schedule a make up class for you.
- If your child has been exposed to Covid please keep them out of class for 14 days from date of exposure and let us know as soon as possible so we can determine if we need to notify other families of potential exposure.
- If your child has tested positive for Covid, call the front desk on the day you receive the test results. We want to ensure we notify classmates and staff that may have been exposed. No names or personal information will be disclosed during the notification process.
We look forward to continue to work together as a team with our families to help everyone stay healthy while providing learning and fun for our students.
Please call us with any concerns or questions – we’re here to help in any way we can.
Olympia Gymnastics Staff
Last Updated on August 24: 12:16 PM
Dear Olympia Families,
As we continue moving through our current COVID-19 challenges together, we want to reassure you that the Olympia family continues to be committed to following the most updated CDC and local government guidelines for staying as safe as possible while we slowly move toward a new “normal”.
St. Louis County Public Health Department updated its face mask order. Please be prepared to follow the new guidelines when attending one of the Olympia facilities.
Face Coverings must be worn by all persons over the age of 5, including employees or visitors, present at any Business or Public Accommodation, indoor or outdoor.
Beginning Monday, August 24th all children aged 5 and over will be required to wear a face mask when entering and exiting our facilities. Students participating in class will be able to remove their mask while in class. Any person not participating in a physical activity class or practice will be required to wear their mask for the time they are in the facility.
As always, we are here for your questions or comments. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk at your gym at any time.
We sincerely hope your family and loved ones are healthy and safe.
Last updated on March 23: 12:56 pm CST
From the Owner Of Olympia Gymnastics
We are gearing up to reopen several of our gyms, here are the reopening guidelines for you to view before returning to classes or camps. Details will be emailed out and on our Facebook page as well.
Olympia Live! Online Classes through Zoom, Register through your parent portal!
Olympial Live! is for our active members to be able to log on to age-appropriate classes from home with a smart TV, laptop, tablet or phone and watch LIVE interactive classes led by one of our Olympia instructors. Each class is 30 minutes long with real-time instruction. Online classes through zoom offers an alternative to classes during our stay at home order. Classes are available for Tumble Bees through Team. Online Olympia Live! classes are forming at all of our locations and are available for registration through the parent portal. Contact your location for more information or for help registering.
Updated: March 23, 2020
*** SHORT VERSION!***
Dear Olympia and Ninja City Families,
We have inactivated the autopay system for April. You will NOT BE CHARGED until we resume classes.
You will not be charged until you have been given advance notice and a chance to inform us of your child returning to classes. For the few families that have dropped, please send us an email by March 31st if you would like to re-enroll, and we will place your child back in their class spot.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
We miss you already…please be safe.
All the staff at Olympia Gymnastics and Ninja City
Ray Overmann, Owner, Olympia Gymnastics & Ninja City
*** LONG VERSION!***
Dear Olympia Gymnastics and Ninja City Families –
We hope this letter finds you and your family well. These are interesting times, though uncertain. We want to update you on how we are moving forward based on the latest information we have.
As you know, our gyms are now closed to all students for all activities due to the stay at home order issued by the County of St. Louis and Jefferson County through at least April 22, 2020. In light of this, we have made some decisions regarding classes for April.
Obviously, we will not charge April tuition for any of our families. We will continue to guarantee your spot in class for the duration of our closure, so that when we re-open, our students can come back to the same classmates and instructors as before. Families with annual registration fees due to renew in April will not be charged. For the few families that have dropped for April, please send us an email by March 31st if you would like to re-enroll, and we will place your child back in their class spot.
The uncertainty of these times is a little nerve-wracking. The one truth that everyone in our family of companies is that when we do re-open our doors, we will be better than ever. We will also continue to communicate with you all on a regular basis.
Our staff is truly amazing, and even during the closure are looking for ways to engage with all of you. Facebook is becoming one of the main ways we communicate with you – if you can, please follow all of our Facebook pages.
As always, please email us if you have questions or comments.
Please be safe and healthy and know that we miss our gym families.
All the staff at Olympia Gymnastics and Ninja City
Ray Overmann, Owner, Olympia Gymnastics & Ninja City
Update from Olympia & Ninja City / April Tuition
Updated: March 16, 2020
March 16, 2020
Dear Olympia Gymnastics Families,
In light of recent developments and our local governmental response to COVID-19, we have decided to postpone all classes at each of our locations from Monday, March 16th through Sunday, March 29th. During this time, we will be closely watching the progression of COVID-19 in the St. Louis area and by March 24th will update our families with future plans as more information is available.
The programs affected by this postponement are Girls Gymnastics, Boys Gymnastics, KinderBees, Tumble Bees, and Ninja.
We will miss our students very much during this time and encourage our families to stay as active as possible. Please check your email and our Facebook page for ongoing updates.
The gym’s office hours during this time will be flexible, and we encourage our customers to contact us through email.
We appreciate your continued support during this time, and hope your family stays happy, healthy, and confident.
Ray Overmann, Owner
Updated: March 12:
OLYMPIAS LETTER TO PARENTS ON THE EFFORTS WITH THE COVID-19 VIRUS
With Covid-19 now in St. Louis, we want you to know we are concerned for your family's health and safety. We also want to communicate to you what we are doing to make our facilities as safe as possible for your family. Please take the time to read the information below.
1. Please keep all sick children home from class - our make-up policy is very liberal. This includes anything as mild as a cold to more serious illnesses. We are always happy to schedule a make-up class when a child must miss due to being sick. Please call the front desk, and we will ensure a make-up class is scheduled.
2. If your child is not ill, but you or your other family members are, and will be at the gym while your child is in class, please stay home. Again, we are happy to schedule a make-up class if necessary, or your child can attend while you rest up at home. Dropping your child off for class is always okay.
3. If we notice a child who is sick during class, we will ask the parent to take their child home.
4. Wash your hands according to the CDC’s guidelines - https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html, and teach your child how to correctly wash their hands. This link is a child friendly handwashing video to show your children - https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/videos.html.
5. Keep your hands away from your face and teach your kids how to do the same.
6. Kleenex is available at the gym, please use it to cover sneezes and coughs, then throw away in a trash can.
7. Other guidelines are here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
8. High fives and handshakes are being replaced with elbow bumps and verbal praise.
9. Children and staff will use hand sanitizer before and after each class, and parents are asked to sanitize as soon as they enter the building.
10. Our facilities are very clean, but we are increasing the frequency at which we disinfect mats and equipment in the gym, and “high touch point” areas such as doors, counters, railings, and chairs in the lobby.
We hope your family avoids the flu this season – we’re doing our part to keep the virus at bay in our facilities. Please don’t hesitate to call the front desk at the gym.